Saturday, September 09, 2006

gift or Gift?

Funny thing happened yesterday… Petra, the mom next door, came to tell us some news while I was home with the kids. She tried speaking English, but she can’t speak it all that well, so she told the whole thing to Ines. Of course when I asked Ines what she had said, she said she couldn’t translate, oh well. We broke out the German-English dictionary and translated that the other neighbors had found some rats and were going to put some poison out to get rid of them and the kids shouldn’t go that way. One of the words we had to look up to get this complete story was ‘Gift’. I knew it probably didn’t mean exaclty the same thing as it does in English, but I was not expecting the German word Gift to be POISON. Haha, I guess I had better not confuse the two…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home