Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the simple life

so there hasn't been a whole lot to report lately, mainly because i stopped taking trips after that last trip to Paris... my wallet was spent and I wanted to have these last weeks before my parents come just to relax and enjoy Germany. But I figured i would just give some highlights of these past few weeks just incase you are dying to know :-)

- 4th of July... I tried to make American flags with the kids, but seeing as both of them can not draw stars, and our flag is significantly more detailed than theirs, they both struggled and ended up making German flags in the end - oh well, i tried. I also made a cake with the flag on it out of blueberries and rasberries, super tasty.

- There were no fireworks for me on the 4th, but the following Saturday there was a firework show with classical music above the palace in town, so that was great to see. It had been so long since I had seen fireworks, and i had forgotten how special they can be - it was so cool!!!

- Last weekend Reimund had a huge birthday party. He turned 40 on th 13th, and he had a joint party with his best friend who had turned 40 earlier this year. There were actually a lot of people I had met before, and I ended up having a great time. There was a dj later in the evening and there was dancing too. We didn't end up leaving until 3:30am!!! The kids were troopers until about 12:30 or 1 and then they crashed, but a couple cushioned chairs and blankets and they were comfy sleepers. The following day I went to a friend's house for lunch (also an au pair and the family was out of town) and we saw Harry Potter at the English Cinema.

During the weeks, i have just been chilling at the house, and going to classes. I only have this week and next week of the class and then i am done!!! I can't believe it. The class and the people have actually grown on me, so i will be kind of sad to say goodbye to everyone. This coming weekend I am headed to Freiburg to visit with a friend, and then on August 3 my parents come! I am so excited to show them around where I've been this whole year, and how far I've come in my German life :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home