Sunday, November 26, 2006

true adventures



This week has been full of all sorts of new adventures. First off I celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday with the family... well Sabine and the kids because Reimund was away for a couple of days. I made stuffing, green bean casserole, and pumkin pie. We had a couple of rotissery chicken in lou of turkey, enjoyed the jellied cranberry my mom sent over, and I settled for packaged gravy. Everything came out so good!!! The all seemed to like it too. I think the stuffing was the big winner wtih everyone. Infact, they said it was even better the next night when they had the left overs with Reimund. That was the first adventure, making all this from scratch trying to substitute as much german product as possible, haha.

The next big adventure was taking the car for a day trip! I think you are all aware of my struggles with ths stick shift, but I managed to take it to a town that was an hour away yesterday. I drove on the Autobahn there, and ended up going through the middle to downtown Stuttgart on the way back, because I followed the wrong signs. Anyhow, it was amazing and SO liberating. I definitely might take Sabine up on her offer to drive her car more on the weekends. It was oh so fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home