Wednesday, October 25, 2006

holidays, part 1

I have begun my fantastic vacation and am already on to my second city. I got into Vienna this morning and am starting to fomulate my game plan, but I was in Prague for two and a half days before this and it was great. The city is so classically European, and was really refreshing after being in Stuttgart/Ludwigsburg for so long. I arrived into the city on Sunday afternoon and walked around after getting situated at the hostel. I walked around a lot and saw some of the sights, and then went to a little performance in one of the older buildings. There are musical things all over the city, a little touristy, I know, but still fun. There was a 9 man string ensemble that played some Vivaldi and Motzart, very lovely. I went back the hostel and hung out for a bit that night, nothing too exciting. Monday I went to Prague Castle, and the Little Quarter on the other side of Charle Bridge. It was all very nice and great to see. I also went to an art exhibit in the old town square that was photography by a Czech artist and of Alfonds Mucha. Monday night, I hung out with some people at the hostel and we all went into Prague together to a couple of bars. It was great to meet some people to hang out with! Tuesday I just had a lazy day, and went to the Jewish Quarter of the city. I saw a bunch of Synagogues and it was very interesting. I went back to the hostel a little early to take a nap, and ended up staying there talking to people for quite a while. I spent my last 100 krown on a movie, which was a great way to kill the time until my night train at 11:30... I took off then and shared my sleeper cabin with two girls from NYU who are on vacation from studying abroad in Ghana. Ends up we are staying in the same hostel too, so we trekked here this morning together. And that about it :) I´m headed into the city today to see what there is to see, and I´ll update again when I get a chance... off to beautiful Vienna!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home