Monday, August 20, 2007

it's all happening

There is so much to report I don’t even know where to begin! My mom and dad came to Europe a couple of weeks ago, and it was amazing. The kindergarten had holidays the first two weeks of August, so while the family went to Denmark, I spent a week with my parents and a about 5 days in Sweden. It was so great to show my parents around Ludwigsburg and Stuttgart. I was able to share things and places I knew in the city, and they even managed to make it to their very first fest :-) The Sommerfest, isn’t really a traditional one, but it was still lots of fun. In the next week together we rented a car in Frankfurt, and spent a couple of nights in towns along the way, while driving to Berlin, rather than give all the details I think a little recap will do:

- I got to drive the first leg of the journey and instill a little confidence that my parents, too, would be able to drive in Europe.

- Saw many castles, and hay fields along the way to Eisenach, where Martin Luther translated the bible into German and where Bach was born.

- Mom drove in a pedestrian zone, after we turned of the navigation system, and none of us saw the signs, really!!

- A night and day in Potsdam, let us see some really pretty palaces, and gardens, as well as a super cute Dutch Quarter (now, just a cute trendy neighborhood, but previously where the Dutch workers lived when they came there)

And then we were in Berlin, a city that deserves an entry all on it’s own. After Sweden I came back to Stuttgart, and was able to enjoy a night and day with the house all to myself. So great, what a freedom!! And now, it’s just the last two weeks of work, then my sister gets here, I can’t believe it!!!!!!

photos at: http://ucdavis.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2177269&l=9211a&id=3206990

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home