Friday, December 22, 2006

last few thoughts

Ok, so these aren´t really thoughts rather just a couple bits of info that I would like to share with you all.

First off, in case you had no clue, Germany is stuck a little bit in the 80´s... maybe more A Lot in the 80´s. I´m mainly talking about the music but there are a couple of other things as well. I first noticed this when I was driving into ludwigsburg, and a grown man (like in his 50´s) in a convertable with the top down had Maddona´s ´Material Girl´playing (blasting) out of his sterio. Not only was he not scrambling to change the station, but I swear I saw his head bobbing along! This kind of happened again when I was going to Switzerland one of those first weekend´s I was here. One of the guys we were with requested a radio station stop at another Madonna song and started singing along (this from a man who wore sporty capri pants hiking! - yes, Europe is different) Now that it is Christmas time the Wham! song `Last Christmas´ is not a guilty pleasure, but rather a song I hear played on nearly every radio station. It´s great. Back in the states, I heard the song first when Ali played it for me sophmore year. There was a bit of hiding everytime I played it, but now I don´t have to hide anymore... Yes, I do like the song. Yes, I do sing along to it. Yes, I do embrace the 80´s. Other than that Jon Bon Jovi is another radio regular, along with Phil Collins and Genesis, and Simply Red... got to love it.

The second thing I felt like bringing up was my favorite movie of all time. I watched ´Father of the Bride´with Sabine a couple of nights ago, and it is still at the top of the list. I don´t know exactly what it is, but it just is a great story about family and growing up, and it has been pertinant at all points in my life... Having a great dad myself, makes the story hit even closer to home :) Even though some things in the story seem a little more far fetched than they used to, it still remains on of my favoites!

Well there´s litterally no more time before I go back to California. I leave tomorrow morning, and I still cannot believe it. Sabine and Reimund took today off work, so I am headed into Munich to surpise Erin and her family at the airport as they arrive to celebrate their christmas over here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home