Monday, January 29, 2007

how do you dance to...

... ROCK? Really, like, Queens of the Stone Age, Ramstein, System of a Down, Nickelback... well let me tell you, slowly and very awkwardly. So this was the first dance club (disco) that I have been to here. Yes, I know, shocking that it took me 5 months to get out there, but there you have it. A couple of my friends had birthdays last week, so we went out on Saturday night to this club. I thought it was going to be normal pop-ish music to dance to, but I was wrong. I guess the place used to be a country western type place appealing to the American Soldiers in the area, but it developed into what it is now, to keep up with the changing tastes of the customers. Anyhow, it was pretty funny being there actually because while I like rock music on occasion, i would never really try to dance to it. But alas, I made it onto the dance floor with the birthday girl because she loved the song, so we made it work. The thing is that there´s no real fast beat to work with, so you are forced to sort of sway with the crowd as they sing along, air guitar, and really get into the music. There is a second floor with pool tables, and while on the stairs or from up there, watching the crowd was a little scary (ok, not really, jut interesting). Just these people moving to this really angry music, slowly... I don´t know if i have fully conveyed this appropraitely, but i am sure you get the idea. I did have a really fun time out though. I stayed with a friend in the city, so i could stay out later and didn´t have to schlep myself back out to the middle of no where, which is my home. All in all well worth is, and quite an experience :-)

Also, last weekend I saw the Pursuit of Happyness which was amazing. I took my au pair friends from Stuttgart and we all loved it. It is a great story of determination, struggle and love, that is totally worth your $10 at home, haha. Aside from the story, I loved that it took place in SF. I had no idea that´s where it was going to be, so it was a great surprise to 'watch' home for an hour and a half. I was able to tell my friends that I lived right on the other side of the bridge, when the last scene is shot from SF looking past the Bay Bridge. So great!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home