Thursday, January 25, 2007

SNOW


I had a nice little treat last weekend – a visit from my dad. It’s so funny how he hasn’t traveled for business in ages, let alone to Europe, and now he’s come to Germany twice in the past five months while I have been here. I have been truly grateful to have had him here during my transition periods, there is no one like your parents to make everything ok again. His meeting was near Munich, and since we had already been in Stuttgart together, we decided to spend the weekend together in Munich. We spent the days touring around the city, seeing some things that we had both seen before and some new sights as well, and washing it all down with a couple good ol’ German beers. All in all a great weekend, now if I can just get my mom and sister out here… While my dad was here there was a terrible wind storm, but luckily things were worst on Thursday and Friday and were more bareable over the weekend. He left on Monday while things remained calm, which was good for him because Tuesday (which also happened to me my official 5 months of being here) it started to snow! I officially can say that I live somewhere where it snows. I went to my language class in the morning, came home for lunch, and by the time I went to get the kids from kindy at 2pm it was snowing. It continued to go through the night and next day, and didn’t stop until Wednesday night. Sabine stayed home from work on Wednesday and took Ines to ballet, so I stayed at the house with Tim. We went sledding a bit and played in the snow, all the while I was kept dry and warm by dressing like a The North Face spokes model, haha. It was a fun day, but I don’t know how long my tolerance for it (or late buses) will last. But it sure is amazing what 24 hours of snow will do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to go out and build a snowman, but didn't want to get cold hands :)

(ps, I think we met at the George and Dragon last week, right? I just found your blog randomly whilst searching for Stuttgart and snow)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home