Sunday, April 22, 2007

leave your modesty at the door

So... i've been going to the gym now for a couple of months (not that i'm seeing the changes i'd hoped for, but that's not what this is about) and I have taken to showering there too after my workouts, for convenience sake. But I must say that the whole idea of nakedness there is totally open. The sauna, so i have heard, is no clothes and all genders, the changing rooms are divided by gender (they aren't that casual about things) but there are no changing rooms or shower stalls, it's all just kind of out in the open. This took a little getting used to, but if the other women aren't weird about it then why should I be? It was never really that big of a deal because mostly it's just me and one or two other women in the showers, but the other day was totally different... I was done working out at the same time that a class got out, and i was in there with like 7 other women, i think all the shower heads were taken. Just kinda a new experience for me, absolutely not a big deal for them, which i think is good, and it's just how people are brought up here. It's just a little strange to be showering next to one of the moms who I see every day at Ines's ballet class, oh germany!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home