Saturday, September 08, 2007

aahhh....summer vacation

So lucky surprise for me: I got done with work a week early!!! Can you believe it? I couldn't it was such a surprise, that i barley had time to really think about it. It ended up that the kids went to their grandma's houses for the week that was supposed to be my last one. So i went with Sabine and Reimund to take the kids to Augsburg, and then we just had a couple days with just the three of us. I stuck around Monday and Tuesday to make sure that all the washing up got done, and my room was clean etc, but other than that i was done, wow!!

In order to celebrate this and take advantage of the extra days off, i took a road trip with a friend. We went to The Netherlands (basically Amsterdam for a day) then drove back to Germany via Belgium and Luxembourg because I had never been to those two countries. I got dropped off in Frankfurt, so I could take the train to my friends (Shannon and Brian). I was with them for a few days, and it was so great to see them and catch up. After that i took the train to meet my sister at the Munich airport.

We met up on Monday afternoon, and went into town for a couple of hours before our flight to Athens. The fiasco of the trip was that her luggage didn't make it!! So they had to ship it to Athens, but luckily it made it there before we headed out to Mykonos, where we are now. We've been here for about 4days, which was almost just a little too long, seeing as that Laura doesn't like beaches... oh well, we are headed to Santorini next which should provide a little more to do. Anyhow, the weather is beautiful, the beaches are great, and the water is blue so i'm happy :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home